Otherwordly Retribution Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone but not Forgotten...

Latest topics
» I love ORW
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:25 am by Owen Hart

» Inactiviivivivvivity
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm by Eron

» How's everyone
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:20 am by Akuri_TE_Mitsu

» Fed Pic Idea?
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 am by Danny Cruz

» Danny Cruz's Bio
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:26 am by Akuri_TE_Mitsu

»  The Mass Effect" coming soon!
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 5:03 pm by Eron

» The Norris Academy
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:35 am by Bruce Norris

» The GM has announced a Tag Team Tournament (sign up sheet)
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 pm by Tertius Human

» Minotics (The musician behind The Man Of A Thousand Gimmicks)
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:15 pm by Aeon Flux

» Hi orw fam :)
Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:56 am by Steve Cage

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplaying Tips for Newbies (Stolen from EX GM)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Akuri_TE_Mitsu

Akuri_TE_Mitsu
Admin
Admin

I have been taking a look at a few roleplays from you guys and many of you need help. I have decided to make a Roleplaying 101 thread to help you. In these tips I will provide both a heel and face view.

Before getting started, I would recommend that you create the roleplay in a word document. Microsoft Word is my recommendation because the features it provides help out a lot. A definite feature you will need it the spell check option. A lot of you guys misspell things and I am forced to correct your mistakes. Also make sure that you are spelling the full name of words and names. Not abbreviations!

First, think of your wrestler. The reason we ask you to create a bio is to describe your wrestler. Feel your wrestler. Make your wrestler you. The first thing you must do is get into character. Get into your gimmick. And the first step to doing this it to think of how your character responds to the fans.
My character, as most people know, is a thug but in the recent years I have become a more business person. As a face, I tend to aim more towards being a thug and beings all for the fans. As a heel, I’m pure business and am all about myself and don’t give a damn what the fans think.

Before starting, think of what you are gonna talk about. In this rp I will talk about a loss in a match that I had with a wrestler last week and my next match against another wrestler. I will use Y2h and Steve Cage as an example.
In this rp I will provide a simple interview with JT Briggs.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE COLOR! TRY REGULAR COLORS! NOT TOO BRIGHT! NOT TOO DARK!

Tip: Open up your roleplay with your interviewer introducing you to the viewers. Immediately after that, add action to the roleplay.

JT Briggs: Ladies and gentlemen please welcome “True Thug” Thompson

The camera slightly zooms out as “True Thug” Thompson enters the view of the camera gazing off into distance.

Tip: Think of questions to ask yourself and ways to reply.

JT Briggs: T3, last week you suffered a lost to y2h. How do you feel about the lost just minutes before you match tonight against Steve Cage?

Tip: Now think of what to you are going say. Get in character as your face/heel wrestler.

(Face)“True Thug” Thompson: Last week’s lost was very hard on me, however, it was a great battle between me and y2h.

(Heel)“True Thug” Thompson: Y2h’s win over me last week was an indeed fluke.

Tip: Try to keep the viewers entertained. Bring up history or a recent event or even include parts of the match.

(Face)“True Thug” Thompson: Y2h and myself have been battling since he and I first step foot in King of the Wrestling Game back in 2008. We’ve fought over championships, respect, and anger. He and myself are true KOTWG legends and it’s great that the fans from both NTW and the original KOTWG got a chance to see us go head to head one more time.

(Heel)”True Thug” Thompson: Midway through the match I felt pain in shoulder. Pain that I had been dealing with before the match had even started. But I wanted to prove the point that I could beat Y2h once again. However, my pain grew more as I made my way to the ring and there were moments in the ring where my shoulder was not cooperating with my intended movements.

Tip: Don’t constantly speak. Have the person that is interviewing you continue to ask questions.

JT Briggs: I think I will agree that you and Y2h’s battle last week was a great one to see. Definently a match in history for NTW. But aside from that, what are your thoughts on your match tonight with Steve Cage, a man you know very well.

(Face)“True Thug” Thompson: Indeed I do know Steve Cage very well. I’ve noticed his progress in NTW and its without question that he is one of the best this company has to offer. Tonight will be a tough one for me and hopefully him to.

(Heel)”True Thug” Thompson: Steve Cage? Steve Cage is a nobody. What has he done for this company in the last few months? I know for sure his progress in this federation doesn’t compare to mine. I am a living legend, something Steve Cage nor Y2h will ever be.

Tip: Don’t have the interviewer just ask one question. Keep them going but not too many. Another question or two should help. Also ask challenging questions. An interviewer’s job is to ask what the fans want know and most of the time they are tough questions.

JT Briggs: Well how do you feel about the statistics between you two?

(Face)“True Thug” Thompson: Well usually I don’t pay attention to statistics. I know when the odds are against me and try to strategize to my benefit. Doesn’t matter because either way I try to go out there and put on a show that the fans spent their money to see. But if statistics were to come into play, Cage and I are about the same so it will be a fair evenly match up.

(Heel)“True Thug” Thompson: Statistics show that I am the dominant man in this match. Steve Cage is a dunce when it comes to the ring while I am the master. It won’t be long before he eats a D.O.A. and I pick up the win.

Tip: Now end the rp with an action

“True Thug” Thompson leaves and heads toward the entrance tunnel as “Have It All” by Rocko blasts through the arena.

You see. Rping is not hard. Just think about what you want to say. Get into character. The more you do it, the more you get better at it. That’s why we have the roleplaying for fun thread. Keep in mind that in this federation you must rp. If you don’t, then you are out. Plain and simple. So I suggest getting to learn rping/being better at it before your future with New Terror Wrestling becomes an issue. For those who want those big paychecks, you need to be a big star or have a championship and you can’t get a title or become a big star without rping.

Final Face rp:

The camera slightly zooms out as “True Thug” Thompson enters the view of the camera gazing off into distance.

JT Briggs: T3, last week you suffered a lost to y2h. How do you feel about the lost just minutes before you match tonight against Steve Cage?

“True Thug” Thompson: Last week’s lost was very hard on me, however, it was a great battle between me and y2h. Y2h and myself have been battling since he and I first step foot in King of the Wrestling Game back in 2008. We’ve fought over championships, respect, and anger. He and myself are true KOTWG legends and it’s great that the fans from both NTW and the original KOTWG got a chance to see us go head to head one more time.

JT Briggs: I think I will agree that you and Y2h’s battle last week was a great one to see. Definently a match in history for NTW. But aside from that, what are your thoughts on your match tonight with Steve Cage, a man you know very well.

“True Thug” Thompson: Indeed I do know Steve Cage very well. I’ve noticed his progress in NTW and its without question that he is one of the best this company has to offer. Tonight will be a tough one for me and hopefully him to.

“True Thug” Thompson: Well usually I don’t pay attention to statistics. I know when the odds are against me and try to strategize to my benefit. Doesn’t matter because either way I try to go out there and put on a show that the fans spent their money to see. But if statistics were to come into play, Cage and I are about the same so it will be a fair evenly match up.

“True Thug” Thompson leaves and heads toward the entrance tunnel as “Have It All” by Rocko blasts through the arena.

Final heel rp:

“True Thug” Thompson: Y2h’s win over me last week was an indeed fluke. Midway through the match I felt pain in shoulder. Pain that I had been dealing with before the match had even started. But I wanted to prove the point that I could beat Y2h once again. However, my pain grew more as I made my way to the ring and there were moments in the ring where my shoulder was not cooperating with my intended movements.

”True Thug” Thompson: Steve Cage? Steve Cage is a nobody. What has he done for this company in the last few months? I know for sure his progress in this federation doesn’t compare to mine. I am a living legend, something Steve Cage nor Y2h will ever be.

“True Thug” Thompson: Statistics show that I am the dominant man in this match. Steve Cage is a dunce when it comes to the ring while I am the master. It won’t be long before he eats a D.O.A. and I pick up the win.

https://orwrestling.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]